Creates a schema file from a MySQL database. The schema file will be a text
file containing the SQL commands required to entirely recreate the database
without any data; i.e., all the CREATE TABLE commands.
Three files are generated from this script: the first is the schema file itself,
the second is a capture of standard output, and the third is a capture of
where dbName is the database to get the schema for
dbHost is the host the database is running on
dbUser is the user to login as
dbPass is the password to use
dbPort is the optional database port (defaults to 3306)
* Copyright (c) 2008, Corey's Consulting LLC. All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* - Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
* this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* - Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS"
* AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
* ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE
* LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
* CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
* SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
* INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
* CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
* ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
* POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
if [ $# -ne 4 -a $# -ne 5 ]
echo " USAGE: $0 <dbName> <dbHost> <dbUser> <dbPass> [<dbPort>]"
echo " where dbName is the database to backup"
echo " dbHost is the host the database is running on"
echo " dbUser is the user to login as"
echo " dbPass is the password to use"
echo " dbPort is the optional database port (defaults to 3306)"
if [ $# -eq 5 ]